Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Hughes H-4 Hercules is Airborne Again!

Definitely not disappointed. Flight dynamics are really nice from liftoff, cruise and landing!  Textures are very good. Interior modelling is a plus right down to Howard's "lucky" felt hat. Sound package is very cool!

zXpMYNK.jpg

DsujWnp.jpg

yPIAs88.jpg

Dd6ciJm.jpg

PzhIqrC.jpg

Edited by Doering
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 1

Yes and cockpit textures are nicer than the DC 3 !

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

"Would you say that's a....headwind?"

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Please someone help me understand how the RW plane flew like that in real life? Its fake

Just now, jbdbow1970 said:

Please someone help me understand how the RW plane flew like that in real life? Its fake

This product is literally made for us to jump in and have some fun while basking in some interesting aviation history. Obviously it only flew once at <100 ft ASL, we have no further performance data. Don't overthink it and either have fun with it or ignore it! 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dermot McClusky said:

This product is literally made for us to jump in and have some fun while basking in some interesting aviation history. Obviously it only flew once at <100 ft ASL, we have no further performance data. Don't overthink it and either have fun with it or ignore it! 

So lets ignore MSFS is trying to be a real simulator  and chime in fake fantasy planes to the RW. Ignore what fake flying?

1 minute ago, jbdbow1970 said:

So lets ignore MSFS is trying to be a real simulator  and chime in fake fantasy planes to the RW. Ignore what fake flying?

I...can tell this is not a road I'm going to enjoy going down. You do you.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Dermot McClusky said:

I...can tell this is not a road I'm going to enjoy going down. You do you.

I enjoy planes that simulate closely to the real counterpart this plane does not apply.

3 hours ago, Doering said:

Definitely not disappointed. Flight dynamics are really nice from liftoff, cruise and landing!  Textures are very good. Interior modelling is a plus right down to Howard's "lucky" felt hat. Sound package is very cool!

Looks beautiful! Can't wait to jump into it and cruise around a bit this weekend. Ain't life grand?

8 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Why are you saying the H.4 was a fake fantasy aircraft ?

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Just flew it and in the rain the rain textures on the wind screen seem odd. Anyone else confirm? Running with the 522.25 drivers see sig for full specs.

Edited by udidwht

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

8 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Why are you saying the H.4 was a fake fantasy aircraft ?

How much did it flew in the real world? Maybe 200 feet over water.

21 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I enjoy planes that simulate closely to the real counterpart this plane does not apply.

Luckily, MSFS has several planes that are simulated as close to real life as any other platform. I bet you're real fun at parties.

• Like 6

Just now, Bdub22 said:

Luckily, MSFS has several planes that are simulated as close to real life as any other platform. I bet you're real fun at parties.

Yes I am fun in real life and not fake airframes. None of these airplanes will give me a headache.

23 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Yes I am fun in real life and not fake airframes. None of these airplanes will give me a headache.

Maybe you someday discover that a Simulator is for to flight experimental ones too, and the real planes nowadays usually flight first in simulators than in the real live.

Great plane internally and externally, a pity she didn´t flew more and was produced a commercial version. Looking all that historic aircraft made me feel a bit of nostalgy during some moments, and even the planes of FSX and those beginnings flying in FSX in those times.