Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/16/2019 1:25:01 PM EDT
Especially if it’s a riced-out shit box Civic.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Especially if it’s a riced-out shit box Civic.
View Quote
All it is is lowriders for imports

GOT TO LIVE THAT STANCE NATION VIP LYFE!

I too find it pointless
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a slight negative camber on my FD. Like 3.5 degrees maybe? But I also drifted it in a lot of events so it wasn't for show. Gave me a little bit of a wider stance and helped the handling a tad more through corners.

I dont understand it for non track cars
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait until you start seeing more of these

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a Porsche and when your tires are wearing out go ask why.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The Carolina Squat is pants on head retarded too.

Why do it?

Is looking "speshul" the only point?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not bad if done correctly. People always assume that camber is what destroys tires but excessive toe is much worse.

I've run cars with extreme camber in my past but had correct factory toe measurements...and my tires just barely wore faster than normal.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
In before, "Do you even STANCE, bro?"

It started in Japan, as all strange things do, because Japanese vehicle code prohibited the top edges of tires from extending past the wheel well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh, the one I do get a chuckle out of is the Japanese Oni-Camber or "Demon camber"

That's more of a bosozoku style deal though.

"Demon camber" lol

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Do they remove the springs and shocks and just put a cross piece in? I don't see how the suspension can move at all and not hit the body.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait until you start seeing more of these

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/898/622/54b.jpg
View Quote
I believe that's a shop.  I can tell from the pixels.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Still doesn't compare to this kind of fuckery.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh, the one I do get a chuckle out of is the Japanese Oni-Camber or "Demon camber"

That's more of a bosozoku style deal though.

"Demon camber" lol

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/44BGK/s1/2012-296163-extreme-negative-oni-camber-tuning-600-12-02-20121.jpg
View Quote
Damn....looks like somethings busted

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#13]
How do you maintain those tires?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Saw this stupid shitbox at work awhile back.

Havent seen it around lately. Maybe the fucking wheels fell off.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How do you maintain those tires?
View Quote
You either have to have Nankang's or Nitto's
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why do it?

View Quote
When I was at myrtle beach I saw a lot of this too and could not figure out what the point was..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do they remove the springs and shocks and just put a cross piece in? I don't see how the suspension can move at all and not hit the body.
View Quote
Most are on adjustable air bag suspension or just straight up coilovers with an adjustable collar.

On most suspension designs when the springs compress, the wheels actually move up/inwards.

Getting that perfect wheel tuck is kind of a science. You need the perfect combination of ride height, wheel width (and most important, the correct wheel offset) and tire profile. Usually the inner lip on the fender is completely cut out or at just folded up flat. Sometimes they'll pull the fenders out a little so it gives the top of the fender a bit of a bulge for just a 1/2" of extra room.

Having the correct wheel offset is key though. That's why you see so many shitty Civics with wheels sticking out past the fenders. This happens when owners buy wheels that are made for rear wheel drive cars that require a lower or negative offset. A 90's era Civic with 15x7 wheels and +35 offset (and the correct profile tires) will have the wheels flush with the fender. But if you stick the same 15x7 wheel with a 0 or neutral offset, the wheel is going to stick out another 35mm past the fender and you WILL have fender rubbing issues if you try to lower the car. It's the same deal with tires. A 205/45 will likely rub but a 195/50 will fit perfectly.

It might look stupid but there is a lot of factors you have to take into account to make it work.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't get all that negative camber crap. I have a friend that has a Chevy C10 with Porterbuilt dropmembers front and rear and air bags, he can tuck 24" wheels and barely has any negative camber when the truck is aired all the way down.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

When I was at myrtle beach I saw a lot of this too and could not figure out what the point was..
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384425/IC90gC1_png-1092228.JPG
View Quote
It's to let other bro's know you like to have a lot of shit packed in the bed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Stance makes her dance

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's to let other bro's know you like to have a lot of shit packed in the bed.
View Quote
Like advertising for butt stuff?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't get all that negative camber crap. I have a friend that has a Chevy C10 with Porterbuilt dropmembers front and rear and air bags, he can tuck 24" wheels and barely has any negative camber when the truck is aired all the way down.
View Quote
How the lowered wheels react depend on the suspension design of the car/truck.

Your friend's truck has solid axles where all of the cars shown here have independent suspension.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Like advertising for butt stuff?
View Quote
Obviously, what else could it mean?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Your friend's truck has solid axles where all of the cars shown here have independent suspension.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I guess I'm comparing apples to oranges. I'll admit I know nothing about the suspension under those little import cars.

I was told the extreme negative camber wasn't just a side effect from being lowered but that it is the look they are going for. I've always liked the look of a lowered vehicle, but that extreme negative camber is just stupid looking.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s flashier than a bumper sticker that says you have a single digit IQ....but more expensive
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69748/15-inch-g15_jpg-1092215.JPG
View Quote
That is actually quite useful if you're about to race Danny Zuko and the T-birds at Thunder Road.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I have -3 degrees front and -2.5 rear. Not a huge amount but it is 100% necessary.

I get a full .5g of extra grip on fresh tires thanks to the camber. When cornering at 110mph+ and at 1.8g+, if you don’t have a good amount of camber your contact patch is going to be tiny and you’re going to be skating.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do it?

^ = No Fat Chicks

If you can't climb on, you don't get to ride the ride
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pics?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
It has a solid axle in the rear. The front can have a lot of negative camber depending on the components used. My 93 Chevy has very little negative camber when aired down.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#31]
How the hell does it turn with the front tires at that angle?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Pics?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics?
Sorry don't have any. He tore all the suspension apart and installed the Porterbuilt dropmembers, cut the bed floor and raised it, then drove it around for a couple of months to make sure everything was how he wanted it and that everything worked right. Now it's completely torn down getting paint and interior.  It's gonna be a nice truck when he's done, way more money tied up in it than I could afford.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm waiting for positive camber to come in style  Its an easy mod, just slide into a curb.

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah, I guess I'm comparing apples to oranges. I'll admit I know nothing about the suspension under those little import cars.

I was told the extreme negative camber wasn't just a side effect from being lowered but that it is the look they are going for. I've always liked the look of a lowered vehicle, but that extreme negative camber is just stupid looking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it's definitely a look.

A lot of these cars are trying to run wheels with a large lip face (often referred to as the "barrel"). These wheels tend to be negative offset designs. If you look at an old school muscle car wheel, they will have large lip and the center hub portions sits further inside the wheel. On most modern wheels on FWD cars, the central hub portion is almost flat with the edge of the wheel (considered a positive offset...often listed as a +35 or +45).

People that run these extreme camber setups are trying to fit the widest lipped wheel under their fender. That's also why the tend to run "stretched" tires with a narrow tire on a wider rim (example....205/40 on a 16x9" wheel). Running a narrow tire makes the tire sidewall slant inwards and gives you even more room to fit a wider rim under the fenders.

Here is similar sized (height) wheels with a different offset/width. The entire wheel looks different.

Smaller width/higher offset

Slightly wider but with a negative offset. Having that extra barrel lip is a big deal for people into this trend. Often times these wheels will cost 2X (used market) as the wheels above because of the demand even though the only difference is maybe an 1-2" width.

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I just came across this on FB. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I like fitment that is on point.
The BMW crowd seems to be very, very good at it as do some other groups.

But #cambergang is pretty dumb IMO (exception being cars that have camber for a reason like race or drift cars).

Same thing with the squat stuff on trucks.

Have a long travelled/linked preruner where the front sits a bit higher then the back? Cool
Have a bro truck with a lift kit in the front and stock height in the rear? Dumb.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Weird. It’s almost as if I don’t pay their bills and dont care what they do with their money.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Back when I worked for a Ford dealership somebody stole the lug nuts off of a brand new Mustang SVT Cobra that was sold and waiting for the customer to pick it up. When the recon girl tried to drive it into the wash bay to clean it up, it look just like that when she tried to move it

ETA:
Quoted:
I'm waiting for positive camber to come in style  Its an easy mod, just slide into a curb.

https://images.cdn.circlesix.co/image/1/700/0/uploads/memes/2104_13-544bd6434b724.jpg
Ahh, I see you've met my ex-wife.

Honey, I just barely bumped into it!!!

Tire, wheel, brake rotor, ball joints, control arms, tie rods, steering linkage ... and getting my balls busted in perpetuity by the service department.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Weird. It’s almost as if I don’t pay their bills and dont care what they do with their money.
View Quote
Don’t confuse making fun of stupid shit with caring what they spend their money on. They can do whatever they want with their money, I just think their car looks retarded.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Stanced vehicles are pants-on-head retarded and their owners tend to be the dumbest of all the rocks in the box.   Generally useless trash excuses for human beings.

I can't say I'm really in favor of state vehicle inspections but I would be in favor of certain laws that dictate certain minimum safety requirements for all vehicles.

More than 2.5 degrees negative camber would be out of bounds.  For safety, the entire tread patch must be in contact with the road.

Other things I'd stipulate:    All doors and windows must be operable.  They must open and close and lock normally.  No driving around in a vehicle with a bashed-in door
that can't be opened without the Jaws of Life.    All lights must be conformant to factory specifications.   That may mean you have to pay to get that bashed-in fender or rear quarter panel fixed properly.

Bumpers of the factory type must be present, front and rear.  No replacing it with a 2x6 and you can't run without a bumper.

I don't really care about window tinting and though I think fart can mufflers are just as stupid as stancing a vehicle, I wouldn't outlaw either.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#41]
It looks dumb as shit, but it's not my money, so... meh.

You do you, just don't get mad when i say it looks stupid.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69748/15-inch-g15_jpg-1092215.JPG
View Quote
Ben Hur chariot races are coming back in style.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Stanced vehicles are pants-on-head retarded and their owners tend to be the dumbest of all the rocks in the box.   Generally useless trash excuses for human beings.

I can't say I'm really in favor of state vehicle inspections but I would be in favor of certain laws that dictate certain minimum safety requirements for all vehicles.

More than 2.5 degrees negative camber would be out of bounds.  For safety, the entire tread patch must be in contact with the road.

Other things I'd stipulate:    All doors and windows must be operable.  They must open and close and lock normally.  No driving around in a vehicle with a bashed-in door
that can't be opened without the Jaws of Life.    All lights must be conformant to factory specifications.   That may mean you have to pay to get that bashed-in fender or rear quarter panel fixed properly.

Bumpers of the factory type must be present, front and rear.  No replacing it with a 2x6 and you can't run without a bumper.  

I don't really care about window tinting and though I think fart can mufflers are just as stupid as stancing a vehicle, I wouldn't outlaw either.
View Quote
No.

Attachment Attached File

Just....No..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
More than 2.5- is "out of bounds?"    -3 isn't even that much camber, it's essentially the butter point for a well handling road going race car.

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
^ = No Fat Chicks

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do it?

^ = No Fat Chicks

They may be on to something
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Not like it's giving up any capability that 99% of the drivers will ever need.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have -3 degrees front and -2.5 rear. Not a huge amount but it is 100% necessary.

I get a full .5g of extra grip on fresh tires thanks to the camber. When cornering at 110mph+ and at 1.8g+, if you don’t have a good amount of camber your contact patch is going to be tiny and you’re going to be skating.
View Quote
Have you tried going even more in the front?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do it?

^ = No Fat Chicks

It’s more likely that the squat is there so the truck levels out when their fat ass girlfriend gets in the truck
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Have you tried going even more in the front?
View Quote
I'm maxed out on the front until I get some different suspension components. I plan to add a little bit when the setup is ready.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm maxed out on the front until I get some different suspension components. I plan to add a little bit when the setup is ready.
View Quote
Nice. I bet 3.5-4 up front and keeping rear as is will be pretty cool.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top