• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Brits banish nose art in OEF

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The PC police are alive and well in Afghanistan and have decreed that nose art featuring scantily clad women is offensive.....and must go

noseart5DM0506_468x312.jpg

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
The Ministry of Defence has decreed they could offend the RAF's female personnel.

Officials admitted they had no record of any complaints from the 5,400 women in the RAF.

Hmm ... who's really pulling the strings...

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
Pity. They all look amazing enough to put in a gallery, although that would be a pity in another sense.

Sometimes you just gotta shake your head.

Coota0

None
When did Memephis Belle become an RAF aircraft? (look at the caption in the article)

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That sucks- I know if I had the option I wouldn't mind having a scantily clad man on my nose :)

hobiesailor13

pilot
When did Memephis Belle become an RAF aircraft? (look at the caption in the article)

Memphis Belle isn't a RAF aircraft, but the B-17 used in the movie and painted like the original was given to the RAF and now sits at the Duxford Aviation museum. On a side note, that is probably the most incredible aviation museum I have ever seen. The American Air power hanger alone has as extensive a collection as any US museum, and thats one of 8 hangers of aircraft.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When did the US get rid of nose art like this anyways? Always been curious...