IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

VP modpack problem
I downloaded all 16 parts and extracted them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL 2 Sturmovik 1946\vp_modpack. I then tried to launch the game via the il2 selector and nothing happened, so I deleted the vp_modpack folder and extracted the files into the base folder. The game launched properly this time but the quick missions arent working. It says my folder structure is wrong. 'Either the folder Missions/QuickQMBPro is missing or there are no quick missions in the folder. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
putmer Feb 10, 2017 @ 3:20pm 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqxfNkhSSf0 best i can do for help right now, as i never had this probem with my install.
Anfield-Knight Feb 10, 2017 @ 4:01pm 
I did some rooting around and found the problem, the quick missions were stored in a folder called 'Quick'. I renamed the folder 'QuickQMBPro' and it loaded up fine!
Originally posted by Anfield-Knight:
I did some rooting around and found the problem, the quick missions were stored in a folder called 'Quick'. I renamed the folder 'QuickQMBPro' and it loaded up fine!
Was having the same problem here, everything working just fine,Thanks m8.
For the quick missions you have to install vp patch.. you can find it on mission4today in the vp mod section (top 15 downloads section, choose vp mod, then you will find a link for the patch). Unzip the patch and copy over your il2 installation. After this your quick missions will work. Later today I'll try to get an easy guide online for downloading and using this mod. I have been playing Il2 1946 since it came out on cd rom... 6 or 8 off them and manualy patching for hours and hours...years ago. So thank God for Steam making it digitaly available for me. Tried all kinds of modpacks incl. Ultrapack 3.0 SAS and Darkblue. Without a doubt the VP mod is the best and most stable mod I ever played for this game! And most off all: very easy to install and use. Vp mod combines all the best features of Sas Ultra etc. with tons of extra improvements without hardly any loss off fps. I haven't noticed any fps drops using this mod. Keep in mind : this mod will increase the game size to 30gb! That is how extensive it is....but wow....
Last edited by Captain Klepton(NL); Apr 1, 2017 @ 8:57pm
Il2 1946 Sturmovik VP MOD installation for Il2 4.12

In short you only have to do:
- Download and extract all files in the links.
- Copy all contents of the unzipped files to your IL2 installation directory.
- Choose Il2 selector once.
- FLY!

THAT IS REALLY IT! No hassle, no complications.
Downloading and unzipping is the time-consuming part.

What do you need for his mod:
- Steam /Retail DVD version:
- Install your game.
- Steam / retail version is now (April 2017) 4.12.
- Unzip software (7zip is best suited for the job): http://www.7-zip.org/
- SAS MEGAPATCH
- VP MOD PACK
- VP MOD PATCH
- Make a folder where you put your downloads in – that is easy to find!
After installation of the mod you can delete it or copy it to an external drive so you always have all files complete and never have to download it again!

Go to:

- Download SAS MEGAPATCH here:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/indemix.php/topic,38443.0.html

- Download VP MOD here:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&get=2296

- Click on “filename” and download all 16 files.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2296
- Remember: each file is about 700mb is size, so it takes some time.

- Download VP Patch here:

https://ulozto.net/!NqlDAt1s8bHb/vp-modpack-patch-7z

- Just choose slow download (free). It is about 1,4gb in size, so be patient.

Now you have all files you need.

- Unzip SAS Mega patch.
- After unzipping: click the red star icon and point the installer to your IL2 location.
- Check in your installation map of IL2: you now see 2 red-star icons (Il2 selector and IL2.exe).

- Right click and unzip VP MOD PACK vp_modpack7zip.001 (only this one – all other files unzip automatically) to a map you made on an easy to find location.

- Copy all of the map contents to your Il2 installation folder and overwrite.

- Unpack vp-patch and copy all of the map contents to your Il2 installation folder and overwrite.

That’s it!

Now choose in your installation folder the IL2-selector “Start Il2 now”
(after this first start I always use the regular Steam icon in my Steam library and the mods works fine!)

P.s. Loading the game now can take some time (it is very big now). But NO fps drops noticed when playing!

Happy hunting!

Some extra help if needed:

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,50919.msg556032.html#msg556032

NOTE:

I do NOT take any credit for this mod – please thank the original creators/modders for that –
I do not have any connection to the modders or the links/sites I am referring to.
The downloads are legal to download and use.
I only wanted to write a simple guide to implement their work in your Il2 game, for many and many hours of Flying-fun!

Happy Hunting.
Last edited by Captain Klepton(NL); Apr 2, 2017 @ 8:56am
Kasper79 Jul 10, 2017 @ 2:28am 
1. anyone know another mirror for the VP Patch?
ulozto.net is veeeeery slow.

2. Is there aynwhere a dynamic Battle of Britain camapign for VP-Mod?

3. i can not use OpenGL with the Mod, only DirectX - the problem is, the old DirectX-wrapper is not working with my 1050ti, only the Onboard Intel-GFX chip is working on my laptop.

When i choose OpenGL the game restarts and crashs... :(
Last edited by Kasper79; Jul 14, 2017 @ 12:36pm
artao Sep 25, 2017 @ 8:57am 
So IN ADDITION to the Steam version (4.12) we need to DL the SAS 4.12.2 version to successfully use the VP Mod?
Also, it appears there are now FOUR patches to apply.
Also, apparently don't forget to make the changes to config.ini
As much as I've read that VP Mod is simply "extract to install folder and run" there really are a few more steps than that.
putmer Sep 25, 2017 @ 12:17pm 
Originally posted by artao:
So IN ADDITION to the Steam version (4.12) we need to DL the SAS 4.12.2 version to successfully use the VP Mod?
Also, it appears there are now FOUR patches to apply.
Also, apparently don't forget to make the changes to config.ini
As much as I've read that VP Mod is simply "extract to install folder and run" there really are a few more steps than that.
nope all you need is the steam version as she comes stock with 4.12.2m(if you're on disk then yes get the 4.12.2m patch)
artao Sep 27, 2017 @ 12:27pm 
Originally posted by Anfield-Knight:
I downloaded all 16 parts and extracted them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL 2 Sturmovik 1946\vp_modpack. I then tried to launch the game via the il2 selector and nothing happened, so I deleted the vp_modpack folder and extracted the files into the base folder. The game launched properly this time but the quick missions arent working. It says my folder structure is wrong. 'Either the folder Missions/QuickQMBPro is missing or there are no quick missions in the folder. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?
I had the same problem.
Turned out that I had neglected to install the additional four patches. NOW everything works perfectly. Also, don't forget to add the lines to your config.ini
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Feb 10, 2017 @ 1:48pm