Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gspointer4570

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Please help!! I downloaded cydia the other day and that added springboard. I deleted cydia because it wasnt what I thought is was. Aparently I should have deleted springboard first. I dont know if my ipad 2 is jailbroke now or not. I dont want it to be. I tried to delete all info and settings on my ipad but it wont do it. I cant restore from itunes back up, and I tried to reinstall cydia but that doesnt work eigther. I wish I never got involved with this in the first place. Please help!!

Thanks, gspointer

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
You will need to plug your iPad into iTunes, click restore, and follow the prompts. This is the only way to "unjailbreak" your iPad. Removing Cydia does not unjailbreak it. Also, never delete Springboard even if you have jailbroken; it is a critical part of iOS, as it is your home screen!

Last edited:

Enlightenment1

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2012
Who said you should delete springboard? NEVER delete springboard!

You need to do a fresh install via iTunes. That should see you right. If not, can you get it in DFU mode?

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what did you think Cydia/Jailbreak would be like?

Gspointer4570

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Thanks for all your replies. I did not know that springboard was part of my os, I thought it was installed with cydia. I never seen it before the jail break. Where do I find the restore feature on itunes desktop? I did do a full back up before I did the jailbreak. I thought the jail break would be more interesting and have more content for me. All it did was give me problems with other apps, like (cant use app on a jailbroke device). Im sure its cool when you know what you are doing, clearly im not ready for this. I will try to restore when I get home from work. Thanks again for all your help.

Enlightenment1

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2012
Thanks for all your replies. I did not know that springboard was part of my os, I thought it was installed with cydia. I never seen it before the jail break. Where do I find the restore feature on itunes desktop? I did do a full back up before I did the jailbreak. I thought the jail break would be more interesting and have more content for me. All it did was give me problems with other apps, like (cant use app on a jailbroke device). Im sure its cool when you know what you are doing, clearly im not ready for this. I will try to restore when I get home from work. Thanks again for all your help.

No worries. If you feel a jailbroken device isn't for you, that's fair enough. However, don't be put off because you're having a few problems. I had issues a first but once I worked out which Cydia apps/tweaks were causing the problems, I uninstalled them and all is well. JB for me has been well worth it. It has opened up my iPad to endless possibilities.

Have you managed to restore from iTunes yet? I hope you're having some luck with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.